Openbox on KDE

Steve Brettell sbrettell at gmail.com
Mon May 31 00:05:20 BST 2010

I like light weight window managers.  I guess it's a throw back to my
Commodore 64 days.  Anyway, I installed Openbox on my system, and am given
the option of running Openbox alone, or as an add-on to KDE or Gnome.  The
latter two of course kinda defeat the lightweight idea, but they are fun.

When I run Openbox as a stand alone,  or any of the others, such as Awesome,
I can't figure out how to hook up to my wireless network.  Nothing seems to
work.  There's no program that offers the "Connect" option.

Does anyone know how to accomplish going on line in Openbox?

SteveB

--
Eternal Father, Strong to save,
Whose arm hath bound the restless wave,

"Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none."
William Shakspeare, As You Like It.