Akonadi server will not start

Jerry kde.user at seibercom.net
Thu May 20 10:53:23 BST 2010

On Thu, 20 May 2010 09:55:29 +0200
Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> articulated:

> On Thursday, 2010-05-20, Jerry wrote:
> > I recently did a fresh install of KDE, Platform Version 4.4.3 (KDE
> > 4.4.3), on  FreeBSD-8/amd64 machine. Everything works except for the
> > akonadi server. It crashes as upon start-up. This is the error log.
> >
> > Akonadi Server Self-Test Report
> > ===============================
> >
> > Test 1:  SUCCESS
> > --------
> >
> > Database driver found.
> > Details: The QtSQL driver 'QMYSQL' is required by your current
> > Akonadi server configuration and was found on your system.
> >
> > File content of '/home/gerard/.config/akonadi/akonadiserverrc':
> > [%General]
> > Driver=QMYSQL
> > SizeThreshold=4096
> > ExternalPayload=false
> >
> > [QMYSQL]
> > Name=akonadi
> > Host=localhost
> > User=xxxxxx
> > Password=XXXXXXXX
> > Options="UNIX_SOCKET=/home/gerard/.local/share/akonadi/db_misc/mysql.socket
> > " ServerPath=/usr/local/bin/mysqld_safe
> > StartServer=false
>
> Can you confirm that you are using a system wide MySQL server and
> have configured it properly?

MySQL is started when I boot up. Since this machine is also used as a
web server, it is virtually never down. MySQL is up and running
correctly at present.

I chose not to use the running version of MySQL since the Akonadi
server was having all sorts of problems accessing it. A snippet follows.

Test 3:  SUCCESS
--------

MySQL server is executable.
Details: MySQL server found:
cat: /var/db/mysql/scorpio.seibercom.net.pid: Permission denied
rm: /var/db/mysql/scorpio.seibercom.net.pid: Permission denied 100520
05:45:56 mysqld_safe Fatal error: Can't remove the pid
file: /var/db/mysql/scorpio.seibercom.net.pid Please remove it manually
and start /usr/local/bin/mysqld_safe again; mysqld daemon not started
/usr/local/bin/mysqld_safe: cannot
create /var/db/mysql/scorpio.seibercom.net.err: Permission denied
100520 05:45:56 mysqld_safe Logging to
'/var/db/mysql/scorpio.seibercom.net.err'.

Is there some special configuration I have to setup on MySQL in order
to get the server to work with it? I placed all of the pertinent
information requested when I configured it; or at least I thought so.

--
Jerry