Dependenceis

Kevin Krammer kevin.krammer at gmx.at
Tue May 4 07:58:55 BST 2010

On Tuesday, 2010-05-04, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> Is there any ETA for what KDE release will remove the hard dependency on
> Akonadi on MySQL?  Is there an open bug I can watch?
>
> I love KMail, but I'm not willing to install yet another RDBMS on my system
>  to use it.  (I already have SQLite and PostgreSQL installed.)

I think version 1.3 can already use Postgres in both system wide and user
owned mode.

SQLite is currently worked on for the mobile branch but I am not sure about
the state. Last I read was that it works but basically requires a development
version of SQLite and a modified QSql driver for it.

Assuming that these adaptions become stabilized before the 1.4 release, my
guess is that some distributions will change the package dependency to SQLite
and probably have the other two options manually installable for people with
tens of thousands or houndret thousands of PIM items.

Cheers,
Kevin
KDE user support, developer mentoring