Dependenceis

Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. bss at iguanasuicide.net
Tue May 4 03:10:31 BST 2010

Is there any ETA for what KDE release will remove the hard dependency on
Akonadi on MySQL?  Is there an open bug I can watch?

I love KMail, but I'm not willing to install yet another RDBMS on my system to
use it.  (I already have SQLite and PostgreSQL installed.)

I've successfully avoided Akonadi throughout the KDE 4.x line and still had my
KMail, but the version of KMail shipped with KDE 4.4 does seem to be able to
send mail without connecting to an Akonadi server -- it hangs seemingly
forever.  The version shipped with KDE 4.3 worked fine without an Akonadi
server.
bss at iguanasuicide.net            	((_/)o o(\_))