Plasma workspace error

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun May 2 18:28:22 BST 2010

On Saturday 01 May 2010 09:05:41 hannie wrote:
> As for your questions: I have an nVidia chipset. As for the Grub file: I
> do not know how to check if there is a 'nomodeset' in the kernel
> commands, but it does not seem logical to me that this is the problem
> because everything was fine before the last update (although there may
> have been an update in Grub causing the problem).

I cannot comment on Kubuntu issues, but the reason I asked about 'nomodeset'
is that a kernel update could affect that.  As I understand it, 'nomodeset'
was required for some graphics cards, but it is now included in the kernel, so
if grub has been using it, it must be removed.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group