Cover switch does not work

Tassilo Horn tassilo at member.fsf.org
Tue Mar 23 11:14:47 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 23 March 2010 12:04:46 Dennis Neumeier wrote:

Hi Michael,

> I upgraded my Kubuntu 9.10 yesterday to KDE 4.4.1 and I just
> discovered that "Cover switch" does not work. When I press
> <ALT>+<TAB>, the normal "2D" selector in the middle of the screen
> appears.

What is selected in

  System Settings > Desktop > Desktop Effects > General >
    Effect for window switching

If it is "Cover Switch", I'm out of ideas. ;-)

Normally, when some enabled effect cannot be applied due to
hardware/driver problems, you'll get a notification that this effect was
disabled.  Did you get such a notification.

Bye,
Tassilo