No taskbar and wrong desktop size after failing second monitor

Jogchum Reitsma j.reitsma at concepts.nl
Fri Jun 18 19:45:17 BST 2010

Op 18-06-10 20:23, Kevin Krammer schreef:
> On Friday, 2010-06-18, Jogchum Reitsma wrote:
>
>> Op 18-06-10 18:55, Kevin Krammer schreef:
>>
>>> qdbus org.kde.plasma-desktop /MainApplication org.kde.KApplication.quit
>>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> But...there was no plasma-dektop process running. Starting it by hand
>> succeeded as such, but doesn't give any change in the originally posted
>> behaviour... Killing that process neither.
>>
> It is probably because of wrong values in its config.
> Try renaming the config files in $HOME/.kde/share/config which have plasma in
> their names.
>
> Cheers,
> Kevin

This time it seems to be successful: after moving the plasma config
files (which were in kde4 by the way, but no problem there of course)
and starting plasma-desktop I had back the taskbar with all it's
contents again. The screen set-up was still wrong, but now the change to
the screen size in systemsettings had effect.

Thanks again.

regards, Jogchum