Newbie total loss of KDE icons and...

Bernard T. Higonnet bthcom at higonnet.net
Tue Jun 15 10:18:34 BST 2010

On 06/15/10 10:11, Kevin Krammer wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2010-06-15, Bernard T. Higonnet wrote:

After starting up but before doing anything I have this from ps:

higonnet    2086  1.4  2.4 253964 50288  ??  S    11:06AM   0:04.50
kdeinit4: kdeinit4: plasma-desktop (kdeinit4)

Then trying the suggestion I get this:

/usr/local/kde4/bin/kquitapp plasma-desktop && plasma-desktop
<unknown program name>(2209)/: "Application plasma-desktop could not be
found using service org.kde.plasma-desktop and path /MainApplication."

Just in case he needed to know where plasma-desktop is I also tried

/usr/local/kde4/bin/kquitapp /usr/local/kde4/bin/plasma-desktop &&
/usr/local/kde4/bin/plasma-desktop

>> Can anyone tell me where KDE's icons reside, or perhaps the name of the
>> KDE wheel icon so I can see where it is?
>
> kde4-config --path icon

The directory indicated seems to exist at least...

Thanks
Bernard Higonnet