Newbie total loss of KDE icons and...

Bernard T. Higonnet bthcom at higonnet.net
Mon Jun 14 21:06:59 BST 2010

Hello

FreeBSD 8.00-RELEASE-p3, KDE 4.4 (? not sure see below)

KDE seems to be mostly working (more on that later) but afer working for
a few days, all KDE's icons have disappeared. By that I mean all icons
in the panel and all icons when I click on where the KDE-wheel 'is'.
Sorthcuts previously put in the panel work when clicked but there is no
visible icon...

I don't explicitly recall doing anything peculiar other than installing
sane front and back ends from ports...???

The other thing is that some applications launch and then die. Known to
behave this way are Konsole and KHelp. The launch animation blinks and
danses and then goes away. But Thunderbird and Firefox start, as well as
xterm through KDE/Run Command.

Wish I could provide more info.

TIA
Bernard Higonnet