Screen-Scrape Konsole output

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Fri Jun 4 00:57:30 BST 2010

Ram posted on Thu, 03 Jun 2010 19:51:20 +0530 as excerpted:

> Right qdbus can replace my dcop call.
>
> But I am not able to automate copy-all-Konsole-text into klipper.
>
> What My script does is  automate click on top of Konsole-window  and
> another on bottom and select-all from menu. Now in KDE4 the select-all
> option is missing.
>

> Please help , How can I select all window text or read text.  I really
> dont want to downgrade my desktop back to fc8

I don't know about directly selecting, but you there's the save scrollback
as file option, on the scrollback menu.  That doesn't get it into klipper,
but qdbusviewer seems to show a klipper action that can set clipboard
text, so it shouldn't be difficult.