4.5rc2 Air brightness/volume OSD visibility

Zorael zorael at gmail.com
Sat Jul 31 11:49:00 BST 2010

Hello all,

I'm running Kubuntu lucid with 4.5rc2 from the beta ppa. It's been a
pretty smooth ride and I look forward to 4.5's release.

As some late feedback I'd like to point out that the OSD that's
displayed when you adjust brightness and volume is very difficult to
see. This is using the default Air theming. The borders of the blocks
(signifying steps in volume/brightness) get slightly darkened, and the
blocks themselves become white where they earlier were very bright
grey. The borders are literally 1px in width, and the opacity change
of both borders and blocks is not very considerable.

I'm attaching a screenshot (4.6kb) depicting it. In case the mailing
list doesn't support binary attachments, it's also available on
photobucket. [1]

I realize art freeze probably set in months ago. If this particular
bit of art hasn't already been changed in 4.5rc3, can it perhaps be
considered for revision for 4.5.1?

JR

[1]: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v234/Azraelian/air-osd.jpg