No almost-maximized, please!

Torsten Frey torsten at tfrey.de
Sun Jan 17 16:42:41 GMT 2010

Am Sonntag, 17. Januar 2010 14:21:27 schrieb Dotan Cohen:
> Lots of non-KDE applications (Zim, Thunderbird, Firefox) are opened in
> almost-maximized in for me. They take up the whole screen (except the
> panel) but have window chrome and the Maximize button shows that the
> app is not Maximized. The problem with this is that if I click in the
> upper-right corner of the screen, the really-Maximized app below gets
> closed instead of the app that I see! Agghhh!!!!
>
> How can I prevent Kwin from allowing windows to be like this? KDE
> 4.3.4, Kubuntu 9.10
>
> Thanks!

I assume you are using KWIN as your window manager. Then this doc might be
helpful about the window-specific settings. Puuh, so many options :-O

http://docs.kde.org/stable/en/kdebase-workspace/kcontrol/windowspecific/index.html

I just got it to force Firefox to open always maximised. Normally Firefox
opens with the last used geometry.

Regards, Torsten