No almost-maximized, please!

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Sun Jan 17 13:21:27 GMT 2010

Lots of non-KDE applications (Zim, Thunderbird, Firefox) are opened in
almost-maximized in for me. They take up the whole screen (except the
panel) but have window chrome and the Maximize button shows that the
app is not Maximized. The problem with this is that if I click in the
upper-right corner of the screen, the really-Maximized app below gets
closed instead of the app that I see! Agghhh!!!!

How can I prevent Kwin from allowing windows to be like this? KDE
4.3.4, Kubuntu 9.10

Thanks!

--
Dotan Cohen