Changing keyboard layouts

Bram Schoenmakers bramschoenmakers at kde.nl
Sun Jan 17 10:29:12 GMT 2010

2010/1/13 George <pinkisntwell at gmail.com>:

Hello,

> How can I change keyboard layouts? If I click on the little flag and
> pick "configure" I can select a key combination but it never works.
> The only way I can get it to work is if I assign a keyboard shortcut
> to it, however that doesn't let me to simply assign ctrl+shift to it.

You can change the layout by left clicking the flag in the system
tray, or with the default shortcut Ctrl+Alt+K. I also tested the
Ctrl+Shift shortcut you mentioned, once configured it works as it
should. Note that a change may not always be visible in the system
tray, for instance when you have two US keyboard layouts (e.g. normal
+ Dvorak), the flag remains the same.

Kind regards,

--
Bram Schoenmakers

What is mind? No matter. What is matter? Never mind.
(Punch, 1855)