Canonical trying to kill KDE?? - Fwd: Attend CampKDE... via ... (VOIP), BerkeleyTIP - Re: Request to mailing list kubuntu-users rejected

giovanni_re john_re at fastmail.us
Fri Jan 15 03:59:28 GMT 2010

Hi KDE readers.  :)

I am sending to you this message which I just sent to the KUbuntu-users list moderator, because I wish to alert the KDE community to this one (of several) strange (in my opinion) actions I have observed from the Kubuntu/Ubuntu "community leaders?" recently.

The item below is specifically about a CampKDE related email that was moderator blocked from going to the KUbuntu mailing list.

The facts are making me think that these people are, if not highly misguided/ignorant/uneducated, that their level of "un community minded actions" might in fact be _deliberately_ being taken, in order to try to  weaken or perhaps even kill off the KDE project.

I am a supporter of the KDE & KUbuntu projects, having used KUbuntu for about 5+/many years, KDE (with Debian) for about 5 years before that. (before that I was a red hat user, pre KDE days).

I'm hoping that this message can be one item to alert the KDE community group mind, so that if indeed Canonical is trying to kill off KDE, via either deliberate action, or active neglect, that the KDE community might take remedary action in as quick a time frame as possible.

==
I'll note that I've spoken & had email exchanges with Mark Shuttleworth, founder of Ubuntu, owner of Canonical, several times, heard him speak at several venues, & _he_ seems to me to be a very reasonable, community oriented, positive & progress oriented guy.  But, some 3-10 experiences I've had with Ubuntu/etc are raising serious questions in my mind about the actual actions of Canonical/Ubuntu "people on the ground".

I wish I had more time to investigate & think about this, but this is the current limit of my volunteer time on this matter.

If you have the interest, you might wish to read the BerkeleyTIP mailing list, which is the most likely place I'd post more info about this.
http://groups.google.com/group/BerkTIPGlobal

==
Your thoughts???

Best wishes. :)