~/kde4/plasma_applet_systemtray.so - I think so.

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Tue Jan 12 13:57:22 GMT 2010

Bernd Adda posted on Tue, 12 Jan 2010 10:34:33 +0100 as excerpted:

> Bernd Adda schrieb:
>>
>> ~/kde4/plasma_applet_systemtray.so - I think so. In the system-stage of
>> the panel (controlstrip) you can show Icons for programs, who are
>> running. Some times ago I could set, that programs, who are shown once,
>> were shown so long till I kill them in the systemtray, also after a
>> newstart. Where can I do this today? Hoping, you could understand me
>> with Kind Regards
>> Bernd
>
> sorry, I forgot, I use kde 4.3.1 /4.3.4 on opensuse-11.2 (32bit)

Hi.  I'm not sure if you are referring to the taskbar or the system tray.

If you're referring to the taskbar (task manager) plasmoid, you'd be
wanting to set all windows of the same app (multiple instances of it) to
show up on the same tab of the taskbar, instead of multiple tabs.

I don't normally run a taskbar applet (just alt-tab, desktop-grid, etc),
so I'm not sure how well this works in practice, but by secondary-mouse-
button clicking on an empty part of the taskbar (easier with few or now
apps running), you can select settings, and choose your grouping
behavior, among other things, from there.  You can also secondary-click
on a tab and get grouping options for only that app.

If you're referring to the systray, you''d be wanting to be able to set
arbitrary windows to show in the systray, instead of the ordinary task
manager.

There's a systray settings dialog too, allowing you to auto-hide icons if
desired, and set the popup notifications properties too.  It used to be
possible to set apps to minimize to the tray instead of the taskbar, but
I don't see that option any more.