Setting Panel to Hide Automatically in fractions of a second (kde 3.5.10, Debian 5.0)

Randy Kramer rhkramer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 25 15:22:41 GMT 2010

If this is not an appropriate mail list for this question, maybe someone
can direct me to a more appropriate mail list.

The short request: I'd like to find a way to set the Panel to Hide
Automatically in fractions of a second--the GUI setting under kcontrol
only allows increments of one second.  I'm assuming that there is a
configuration file and setting that I can use to set the delay in
fractions of a second.

Background: I'm trying to better train my mouse hand ;-), but the
choices of "Immediately" and 1 second don't work for me--1 second is
too long to wait, and if I have it set for Immediately, it seems that
the slight mouse movements I (accidentally) make when trying to pick
out the right icon to click on (e.g., to select a desktop) let the
Panel disappear before I've selected what I want.

I'd like to experiment with settings around 1 tenth of a second (i.e.,
100 milliseconds or so).

I've tried googling and doing an ack-grep for things like panel,
autohiding, etc. in my ~/.kde directory--I need a hint (or more).

Thanks!
Randy Kramer