Virtuoso Backend problem kde 4.4

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 22 00:34:14 GMT 2010

cliffhanger at gardener.com wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm compiling KDE4.4  I can't get kdebase-runtime to locate the
> Virtuoso storage backend for Soprano, despite it the fact that it was
>  built with kdesupport.

IIUC, you built the Soprano in KDESupport.

Was that: KDESupport-for-4.4?  BTW this has recently been updated
although this probably isn't related to your problem.

> -- The following OPTIONAL packages could NOT be located on your
> system. -- Consider installing them to enable more features from this
> software.
>  ---- * Soprano Virtuoso Backend  <http://soprano.sourceforge.net>
> Virtuoso storage backend for Soprano The Soprano Virtuoso backend is
> required to run the Nepomuk semantic desktop system.
>
> Has anyone else had this problem?   Or could someone advise me about
>  how to get cmake find this backend?

Reading from my instructions:

http://techbase.kde.org/Getting_Started/Build/KDE4/LFS#Virtuoso_Open-Source

You need to install: libiodbc-3.52.7 before you install Virtuoso.

Then install: virtuoso-opensource-6.1.0.

I suggest that you set these extra configure parameters:

--with-jdk4=
--without-internal-zlib
--with-pthreads
--with-readline
--with-iodbc=

{add the paths for your Java development kit and libiodbc prefixes|

and if you are building it only for KDE use, you don't need VADs so add:

--disable-all-vads

Then:

	rm CMakeCache.txt

and try building KDESupport again.