What are strange ~.kde/share/apps/kpdf files?

John Layt johnlayt at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 16 09:16:46 GMT 2010

On Tuesday 16 Feb 2010 00:51:05 Larry Alkoff wrote:
> I have a very strange subdirectory in
> ~/.kde/share/apps/kpdf
> which is filled with files with with names like
> 915983.arwinss.pdf.xml.
> Never noticed it before.
>
> They all start with a number of 4 to 6 or more digits, name and have the
> extension .pdf.xml
>
> Some bear my name so I guess I somehow created them.
>
> What are these files, where did they come from and how do I read them?
>
> Larryalk

Not sure, but they could be annotations to the PDF's?  Or just a cache of
decoded data from the PDF's to save kpdf time next time you open the pdf?  Or
many other internal implementation details really.

You should be able to open the .xml with a text editor like kwrite or kedit to
see what's inside.

John.