What are strange ~.kde/share/apps/kpdf files?

Larry Alkoff labradley at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 16 05:29:53 GMT 2010

Krenar Qehaja wrote:
> On Tuesday 16 February 2010 01:51:05 Larry Alkoff wrote:
>> I have a very strange subdirectory in
>> ~/.kde/share/apps/kpdf
>> which is filled with files with with names like
>> 915983.arwinss.pdf.xml.
>> Never noticed it before.
>>
>> They all start with a number of 4 to 6 or more digits, name and have the
>> extension .pdf.xml
>>
>> Some bear my name so I guess I somehow created them.
>>
>> What are these files, where did they come from and how do I read them?
>>
>> Larryalk
>
> You're probably using KPDF from KDE3.
>
> Regards

How do I tell what version of kpdf I'm using?

I'm use Kubuntu 8.04 LTS and will be changing to 10.04 LTS when it comes
out.

root at arriba ~# ls -l /usr/bin/kpdf
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 43K 2008-08-26 06:41 /usr/bin/kpdf

root at arriba ~# /usr/bin/kpdf
Error: "/var/tmp/kdecache-lba" is owned by uid 1000 instead of uid 0.

Should I be using kpdf only as sudo?  I've been using kpdf for a long
time as user 1000. and it has seemed to work.

Larry