Shared Desktop Ontologies-0.3; KDESupport-4.4

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Mon Feb 15 03:50:32 GMT 2010

James Tyrer posted on Sun, 14 Feb 2010 14:59:11 -0700 as excerpted:

> Next problem.  I guess that KDESupport-for-4.4 in SVN is still basically
> BROKEN since my build tree for KDE-4.4 failed with KDEGraphics.
>
> The problem appears to be that "Shared Desktop Ontologies-0.3", with is
> part of KDESupport in TRUNK was not included in the new TAG.
>
> Would somebody please fix this!
>
> So, I am still recommending that users building from source continue to
> use TRUNK:

FWIW, gentoo (which of course is from-source by individual users, just
using scripts that manage dependencies and etc) uses shared-desktop-
ontologies-0.2 for kde-4.4.0, here.

So 0.2 appears to be fine for kde-4.4.

AFAIK/IIRC, shared-desktop-ontologies was a new package install here, for
4.4.  It wasn't required for at least the portions of kde I have
installed, for 4.3 and earlier, in any version.  Perhaps that's because I
didn't have the semantic desktop stuff installed earlier, but kmail/
kaddressbook required it for 4.4... if it's a part of that.