Fwd: Re: Quassel wrapping

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Fri Feb 12 16:12:35 GMT 2010

On Friday 12 February 2010 15:37:20 Dotan Cohen wrote:
> > It has good integration with KDE software, but is an independent
> > application. No, it's not always obvious.
>
> If we are on the subject (hijacking my own thread) then why is Amarok
> considered a KDE application? It is also an independent application.

Hehe - it isn't independent.  Like a few other applications they choose to
keep a separate website, and it's not part of the Software Compilation, but as
I understand it, it's hosted on KDE servers, uses KDE bug-tracking, and so on.
No, it's not obvious to users.

I guess that where the dividing line isn't obvious, it's safer to use the
'kde-users' list.  Take a look at the mailman listinfo page for kde and kde-
users and see the difference.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group