Have KDE send URL to default browser, not tmp file

Jerome Yuzyk jerome at supernet.ab.ca
Thu Dec 30 04:31:38 GMT 2010

On Wednesday, December 29, 2010 02:11:33 am Dotan Cohen
<dotancohen at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 28, 2010 at 23:14, Jerome Yuzyk <jerome at supernet.ab.ca>
wrote:
> > I saw something similar opening an image link in a new tab prior to
> > KDE 4.5.3. Now the location shows the originating URL, but the image
> > displayed is still from the cache - they're time-stamped images so I
> > can see how old they are. When I open the same image in a frame I
> > always get the latest. Even after loading the latest image in a
> > frame, the image in the new tab is still the old one from cache,
> > despite the URL shown in the location bar.
>
> Where is the cache? Post instructions to reproduce, if I can reproduce
> then I'll file a bug. Thanks.

Contact me directly and I can give you the sample privately, but I'd rather
not share it with world and have traffic hitting on it forever. In short
though I have a simple page like this:

  | Links to be loaded into frame below     |
  | Frame for pages linked from above       |

Some links are to HTML, some to JPGs. All but 1 link are to external
sources. It's JPG links that cause problems for me.

Picking a JPG link always loads the latest image into the frame. However,
if I middle-click on a Link to open it in a new tab, the JPG is the last
one displayed in a new tab. The location is a proper external URL (not
/tmp/... anymore). If I refresh the tab, the latest image is loaded. That
image will be used in a new tab until it's explicitly refreshed.

Thanks!