Konqueror/Dolphin file managers very unstable

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Dec 8 05:09:10 GMT 2010

John Layt posted on Wed, 08 Dec 2010 01:23:28 +0000 as excerpted:

> No problems here either, which makes me suspect the thumbnail/preview
> plugin being used which I did have problems with in the past.  [F]irst
> try disabling video thumbs/previews, then try uninstalling whatever
> plugin is installed.

Excellent idea!  If the problem goes away then, then you've eliminated the
core dolphin kpart as the issue, and can file a bug on the thumbnailer.
If it doesn't, then the kpart may very well be the problem.

> Oh, one other debugging technique, try logging in as a new user first
> and see if they have the same problems.  If not, then you know it's your
> config and not the app.

Another excellent suggestion!  If it's the config, one can then use the
process of elimination/bisection to find the individual file and if
desired, line in the file, that's the problem.  I've done that a number of
times myself.