System tray icons

James Colby jcolby at gmail.com
Fri Aug 27 16:57:15 BST 2010

All -

I am running KDE 4.5.0 compiled locally using the kdesrc-build
scripts, and I am having a problem with the system tray applet.  When
I quit a KDE application the system tray icon for that application
does not get removed from the system tray.  This happens with amarok,
kmix, kwalletmanager.  It is only happening with KDE apps though.  If
I have a GTK app that uses the system tray, and I exit the app it's
icon is also removed.  Any ideas as to what may be causing this?

Thanks,
-James