Querying LDAP server configured in KAddressBook

Duncan 1i5t5.duncan at cox.net
Wed Aug 18 01:39:21 BST 2010

Tassilo Horn posted on Tue, 17 Aug 2010 22:22:20 +0200 as excerpted:

> in KAddressBook (4.4.5) I have configured some LDAP server.  KMail's
> composer successfully uses that to complete email addresses.
>
> But is there another interface for querying the LDAP server, so that I
> can e.g. look for the room or phone number of a person?  Entering search
> terms in KAddressBook's search/filter bar doesn't show anything...

kaddress book is all akonadified, and I believe there are various other
akonadi tools available to query it.  Ask on the kdepim developer list or
poke around techbase.  Or, you should be able to use standard database
access tools for whatever akonadi back-end you're using (4.4 defaulted to
mysql, but there are experimental backends for postgres and virtuoso).