Plasma workspace error

lafeber-dumoleyn2 lafeber-dumoleyn2 at zonnet.nl
Wed Apr 28 17:05:05 BST 2010

Dear Thomas Olsen,
Thank you for your answer about Plasma workspace error. My situation is
slightly more complicated because I have Kubuntu running in a Virtual
Machine. I can start a Recovery mode where I choose "root" (Drop to root
shell prompt). When I type the command "mv ~/.kde .kde.bak" I get the
message "No such file or directory". After changing the prompt like
this: PS1=me at myPC:~S, I went to /home/me and tried the command again. It
only works when I give the command: "mv .kde .kde.bak" (It doesn't work
with the backup-suffix ~). When I type find .kde.bak I get a lot of
lines with information. But after a restart of Kubuntu I get the same
error, and no desktop.
I would be very grateful if you can come up with a solution.
Regards,
Hannie