different resolutions in virtual desktop

mierdatutis mi mmm286 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 15:32:25 BST 2010

Many thanks!

Well, my "problem" is that I have two monitors in clone mode. I have the tv
signal and the lc monitor connected to my ATI graphic card, because with
this way, I change my tv channel I can see the pc to can use XBMC.
The problem is that I have a resolution of 1440x900 60hz in my monitor lcd
(native resolution of my monitor LCD), and when I see in the tv is too small
and I cant see very well the letters.
My main idea was that in a virtual desktop have a 1440x900 resolution and in
other virtual desktop 1024x780 but now I know that is impossible.
Do you help me to can change the resolution from a bash script?

Many thanks and sorry for my english!