How to control your dad via the net?

Tassilo Horn tassilo at member.fsf.org
Fri Apr 23 08:19:51 BST 2010

On Thursday 22 April 2010 19:46:13 John Layt wrote:

Hi John,

I've installed the stuff, and it is pretty awesome! ;-)

> In my experience the one drawback is compositing isn't supported, if
> it's turned on on your Dads machine then all you will get is a black
> screen.

Nope, not here.  My father has compositing enabled, but when I connect,
it seems to be set off.

But I have one major problem: I use a german Dvorak keyboard layout and
he a normal DE layout.  Is there some option to use the client machine's
layout on the server?

I don't want to swith on the server where I'm logged in with my dad's
username, cause then I'm pretty sure I forget switching back eventually.

Bye,
Tassilo