klipper gone from panel - how can I re-add it?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Tue Apr 6 15:01:31 BST 2010

Am 06.04.2010 15:52, Anne Wilson wrote:

> There are two possible scenarios, as I see it.  Either klipper has crashed,
> leaving something behind, in which case 'killall klipper' should get rid of it
> and enable you to restart it, or, and I think this is more than possible, you
> simply have the system tray hiding some icons.  Look for the arrow next to the
> system tray and see if you can't open it further by clicking on it.  If that
> proves the be the case, right-click on the system tray and open the Settings
> omenu.  YOu can select there which icons can be hidden and which should always
> vbe fisible.

Nope, that's not the case.

"klipper" process is running, as indicated is ps output.

If I right click in the system tray area and choose settings, in "Auto
Hide", I can see klipper and set it i.e. to "Hidden" or "Always visible".
Whatever I choose, it's not shown, even if I click on the "arrow" in the
tray.

On the other hand, if I kill klipper process, and open tray settings ->
"Auto Hide", klipper is not there anymore.

So the tray can "see" klipper when it's running, but doesn't show its icon.

Looks like some bug to me?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org