klipper gone from panel - how can I re-add it?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Tue Apr 6 14:52:07 BST 2010

On Tuesday 06 April 2010 14:24:54 you wrote:
> Am 06.04.2010 13:58, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > Have you tried just launching klipper from krunner?
>
> How would I do it?
>
> Note that something with this name is already running after I start KDE4:
>
> $ ps aux|grep kli
> tomek     2346  0.0  1.4  94756 14956 ?        S    12:39   0:01 kdeinit4:
> klipper [kdeinit]
>
> $ kill 2346
>
> $ kill 2346
> bash: kill: (2346) - No such process
>
> $ klipper
> Connecting to deprecated signal
> QDBusConnectionInterface::serviceOwnerChanged(QString,QString,QString)
>
> $ ps aux|grep kli
> tomek     3226  9.7  1.4  62640 14872 pts/6    S    15:20   0:00 klipper
>
> $ klipper
> Klipper is already running!
>

> But, no change - I don't see klipper anywhere.

There are two possible scenarios, as I see it.  Either klipper has crashed,
leaving something behind, in which case 'killall klipper' should get rid of it
and enable you to restart it, or, and I think this is more than possible, you
simply have the system tray hiding some icons.  Look for the arrow next to the
system tray and see if you can't open it further by clicking on it.  If that
proves the be the case, right-click on the system tray and open the Settings
omenu.  YOu can select there which icons can be hidden and which should always
vbe fisible.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group