How to save the desktop applets settings?

paulo paulo.jnkml at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 03:17:06 BST 2009

Hi,
> share/config/, so since it's plasma, ~/.kde/share/config/
> plasma<something>, and sure enough, that's where it was.  But the

yap, it was there.
Making it -w does work, but you end up getting an error message when
logging in.
That is, "/home/user/.kde/share/config/plasmarc is not writable".
So apparently some application (I would say the plasma application
itself) tries to write the file during the session start.
Why? I don't know. It doesn't make any sense to me.

Since I don't like the popup (and the additional waiting time), I just
reverted to gkrellm...

yap, I think I could submit a bug report. Let me see...