A maintainer is interested in releasing KDE 3.6

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sun Sep 6 00:07:36 BST 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> The KDE3.5 maintainer from the
> kubuntu-kde3.5-users at pearsoncomputing.net list is interested in
> submitting his patches to the KDE 3 branch SVN for a possible KDE 3.6
> release. He has fixed many bugs and added many features, including
> backports of KDE 4 technology. He maintains a viable and up-to-date
> KDE 3.5-based codebase for Kubuntu users. Whom would he contact to
> submit his work for a possible 3.6 release? Thanks.

I was about ready to give up on KDE-3 because Konqueror and X11R7
(xorg-server-1.6.1.901) don't seem to get along.  I notice that X.org
has gone through versions in a rather short time and have now released
1.6.2 and 1.6.3.  Do you know what K5u is doing about this?  Fedora has
simply jumped to a snapshot of the 1.7 Beta branch.  BTW: the first Beta
of 1.7 is available: 1.6.99.900.

I have tried rebuilding Qt and KDE and reinstalling KDE3 and it didn't
help so I was going to try the two X.org releases next.  Do you know if
K5u has found any bugs in Konqueror (seems to be the tabs that are the
issue) that might be the problem?  When I open tabs, sometimes X System
CPU usage increases a lot (it is usually almost nill and Konqueror acts
as though it was simply clogged up somewhere.

--
JRT