MPLAYER

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Mon Oct 26 22:36:10 GMT 2009

Maurice Arthur wrote:
> Hi James Thanks for reply  Yes I am trying to play the flash player.
>
> The flash player  properties  was type unknown  now after I  changed
> it to mime  Error message Could not find mime type
> application/octet-stream My first experience  with flash properties
> now other flash files are MIME type Should have left as was Are you
> aware of reconfiguring Flash Properties?

You shouldn't have had an unknown MIME type for the file.

Does the file have the extension: "swf"?  If not, what is the extension?

The correct MIME type for "*.swf" is "application/x-shockwave-flash"

If you have MUNGed that, you should open the Konqueror KDM ("Settings ->
Configure Konqueror" in Konqueror) and go to the "File Associations"
section and fix it.

> IIUC  What is that?

If I Understand Correctly.  There is a dictionary for these somewhere on
the web; try Google.

> Understand that mplayer needs configuration the Question is HOW

Short answer is: "/etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf", but the question is what
to add to that file.

Have you tried the MPlayer Dox or Google?

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch