Plasma alternative

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 18 05:43:37 BST 2009

Ryan Rix wrote:
> Andrew Mason wrote:
>
>> Plasma it's self is pretty easily replaced, any of the desktop shells
>> will work.
>
> And it's VERY easily customisable to fit your tastes more than any other
> desktop shell...

Well, it is, in theory at least, customizable but I have to say that
because things can only be set by dragging the mouse that it isn't easy.
  The problem is that when you extensively customize it, the instability
starts to be a real problem.  Don't take this wrong, I like the Plasma
DeskTop, or would like it if it weren't for the instability.  Then there
is the matter of taste: I would like to have a Plasma theme that matched
the application and window manager themes that I am using.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch