Kmail kde3 to kde4

Sven ssmail1398-maillist at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 14 10:36:25 BST 2009

Hi,

This is a problem each time I update. I have switched to kde4 piece by piece.
Now started kmail för latest 4.3.2.

I'm using one pop3 account and two imap accounts. Kmail for kde4 picked up the
folders stored localy, that is the pop3 folders. But:

* None of my previous identities are listed in kmail settings
* None of the accounts for receiving or sending are listed in kmail settings.

I have tried to copy the entire .kde/.../kmail AND /kabc folders to the .kde4/
folder.

How can I proceed. I did search the userbase/kmail but no help.

For addressbook I exported the old kde3 as LDIF and then imported this into
kde4.

Any advice how I can resolve this without having to enter all the information
for different accounts, signatures etc etc manually

Best wishes

Sven