About the license of L10n products

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Mon Oct 12 10:30:36 BST 2009

A Dilluns 12 Octubre 2009 05:31:10, JiHui Choi va escriure:
> Hello.
> My name is Jihui Choi.
>
> I'm trying to make a glossary for Korean amateur translators.
>
> I have some questions about the license. If you help me or introduce me
>  someone who can help me, I'll really appreciate to you. :)
>
> 1. KDE and GNOME includes many projects. Does each project have their own
> license, or only projects which are published as a specific license like as
>  GPL or BSD? For example, every L10n works on Launchpad are under BSD,
>  aren't them?

KDE l10n guidelines can be found at
http://techbase.kde.org/Policies/Licensing_Policy point 6. You should contact
the korean kde team[1] to get a clarification of which of the allowed licenses
they are using or even to ask for relicense if the license they use does not
suit you.

> 2. If each project has their own license for their L10n works, how can I
>  handle those if I want to collect them and reproduce something using them.
>  I'm making a glossary using many L10n works from many projects.

You either pray for all the different licenses to be compatible or ask for
relicenses to the specific people that have contributed "non compatible"
translations

Albert

[1] http://l10n.kde.org/team-infos.php?teamcode=ko