About the license of L10n products

JiHui Choi jihui.choi at gmail.com
Mon Oct 12 04:31:10 BST 2009

Hello.
My name is Jihui Choi.

I'm trying to make a glossary for Korean amateur translators.
I collected a lot of files from KDE, GNOME, OpenOffice.org, Firefox, GIMP and
Launchpad of Ubuntu. Sources from
- GNOME : http://git.gnome.org/cgit/
- KDE : svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/l10n-kde4/ko
- OpenOffice.org : http://www.sunvirtuallab.com:32300/
- Firefox : ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/3.0/linux-i686/xpi/ko.xpi
- GIMP : http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gimp/ http://git.gnome.org/cgit/gimp-gap/
- Launchpad : https://translations.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/karmic/+language-packs

I have some questions about the license. If you help me or introduce me someone
who can help me, I'll really appreciate to you. :)

1. KDE and GNOME includes many projects. Does each project have their own
license, or only projects which are published as a specific license like as GPL
or BSD? For example, every L10n works on Launchpad are under BSD, aren't them?

2. If each project has their own license for their L10n works, how can I handle
those if I want to collect them and reproduce something using them.
I'm making a glossary using many L10n works from many projects.

3. Can I publish and share my glossary under GPL? If I can, which version
should I use, v3.0 or v2.0? There are several licenses, for GNOME, KDE and
GIMP are GPL, LGPL for OpenOffice, Firefox has MPL and BSD for Launchpad.
I wonder whether I can mix all these licenses and publish under a specific
license such as GPL.

I'd like to share my works under GPL or similar it and works with many people.
However, before that I think I should make to be clear about the license.
Here is my demo. http://gloss.mr-dust.pe.kr/

Please check my demo and help me. Thank you, all.

--
Regards,
JiHui Choi