kmail cannot verify authenticity of email server

Richard Dawson rcdawson at att.net
Sat Oct 3 15:53:44 BST 2009

On Tuesday 29 September 2009 08:21:17 pm Richard Dawson wrote:
> On Tuesday 29 September 2009 04:13:06 pm Kevin Krammer wrote:
> > On Tuesday, 2009-09-29, Richard Dawson wrote:
> > > Just attempted to log into http://my.att.net using Konquerer.  The same
> > > problem arose.  Logging in with fire fox was OK.
> > >
> > > Now what?
> >
> > I just attempted another access and it seems this happens only for
> > certificates issued by Verisign.
> > Can you check with a different SSL using site and whether its certificate
> > is issued by Verisign or another authentication entity?
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Kevin
>
> Could you suggest a site?  I don't know how to check which ones have a SSL
> and who provides the authentication.
>
> Richard
I have now confirmed that neither Konquerer nor Kmail is unable to authenticate
SSL connections.  This problem occurs with more than one site, so I am
concluding that it is not a problem with the certificate being provided, but
rather with the software that reads and interprets the certificate.

How can I fix this?  This is KDE 4.2.4 as provided by Mandriva.