KDE on National Danish TV

Thomas Olsen tanghus at gmail.com
Fri Nov 27 21:25:50 GMT 2009

On Friday 27 November 2009 21:40:43 spir wrote:
> Thomas Olsen <tanghus at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Right now there's a very positive spot about the French gendarmerie using
> > FOSS. Nice to see as normally Danish authorities are quite scared away
> > from doing that.
>
> Surprised you see that on Danish TV, not of the content. Historically, the
>  French army/authorities are quite paranoiac about spying -- especially
>  when coming from across the Atlantic ;-)

Well Denmark is hardly cross the Atlantic but I get your point. The story
about the gendarmerie has been out for a while but I was surprised to see the
mentioning of their move described in such positive ways because (1) The Danes
are for some reason pig-headedly sticking to the MS monopoly. (2) The Danish
Broadcasting Company [*] are scared liked chickens by the current liberalistic
(like supporting free enterprise at the expense of the social security we used
to have) government.

>  I would not be surprised to learn
>  the French army was among the first administration to use FLOSS, for
>  obvious security reasons: the can check the source. (the gendarmerie is
>  military police).

I haven't spent much time in France but have been picked up by the guys with
funny hats a couple of times ;-) Have no idea if it was regular police or the
gendarmerie though.

[*] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DR_(broadcaster)

--
Best Regards / Med venlig hilsen