Is there a howto on essentials.

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 20 16:39:27 GMT 2009

spir wrote:
> Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer at gmx.at> wrote:
>
>>> And now they are there without adding them.  But, I can't add
>>> them to the Panel.
>> Hmm, works for me using drag&drop onto an unlocked panel. Even
>> moved applets aside to make space. Also works to drop on the quick
>>  launch applet.
>
> Well, unlocked panels are still kind of locked; one cannot modify
> them without entering setting mode (which require several successive
> clicks). Even all won't work perfectly (setting mode often randomly
> closes). It should be possible to simply, directly, move/add/remove
> thingies on any unlocked panel.
>
> Anyway, I can hardly guess what the locked status is supposed to be
> useful for, because it's hard to change a panel's composition
> unwillingly.

Yes, you make a valid point.  You can lock your panels in KDE-3, but I
doubt that may users did so.  The problem is that there isn't a separate
lock for panels and you don't want to leave the widgets unlocked.

Perhaps I should clarify what didn't work, although you might discern it
from context with the menu issues.  I had no problem adding icons to the
unlocked panel.  The problem is that said icons have the wrong icon and
clicking on them does not open the application.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch