CD ripping

A Rojas nqn1976list at gmail.com
Thu Nov 19 23:05:20 GMT 2009

spir wrote:

> update: Found the way to do it for ogg: we must install vorbis-tools that
> itself contains the oggenc encoder; then, audex "codex scan" finds it (and
> add 3 "profiles" for various ogg encoding qualities). Hope this may help
> others. Also discovered that audex is the new name of "kaudiocreator" for
> kde4. There is no manual for it (not even online).

huh? kaudiocreator and audex are two different applications. kaudiocreator
has been ported to kde4, still in beta tho:

http://www.kde-apps.org/content/show.php/KAudioCreator?content=107645

Mandriva has a RPM package that should work in Fedora too

http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/mandriva/2010.0/i586/media/contrib/release/kaudiocreator-1.2.80-1mdv2010.0.i586.html