How do I get kdialog to be used by thunderbird?

James Tyrer jrtyrer at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 16 14:14:15 GMT 2009

John Layt wrote:
> On Saturday 14 November 2009 22:19:17 Steven W. Orr wrote:
>> I have looked everywhere. I'd like to be able to save files by
>> using kdialog in thunderbird and firefox instead of using the gtk
>> file picker.
>>
>> Inside thunderbird I have the ability to set
>> ui.allow_platform_file_picker
>>
>> to true but if I do it uses the ugly builtin picker. False gets me
>> to the gtk file picker. Is there a way to speciffy this in kde
>> somehow? Or is this a thunderbird/firefox problem?
>>
>> I'm running kde-4.3.2.
>>
>> TIA
>>

> As Duncan explains, in the Mozilla apps have the ability to use the
> native dialog, however only the Gtk one was implemented by Mozilla.
> The good news is that openSuse 11.2 has just been released with KDE
> file dialog support in Firefox as well as other integration like
> using the KDE application launcher, so it's only a matter of time
> before the other distos pick this up.  I'm not sure if this will also
> apply to Thunderbird.
>
> http://news.opensuse.org/2009/10/27/sneak-peeks-at-opensuse-11-2-kde-4-3-experience-with-lubos-lunak/
> http://en.opensuse.org/KDE/FirefoxIntegration

I also find an Oxygen theme which

Do you know exactly how the code works?  It appears that I would need to
build from source.  I downloaded:

	mozilla-xulrunner191-kde4-0.5.2-17.1.src.rpm

Building it installed two files:

/usr/lib/mozilla/kmozillahelper
/usr/share/apps/kmozillahelper/kmozillahelper.notifyrc

and have no idea what to do with it.

--
James Tyrer

Linux (mostly) From Scratch