Sound problems

paulo paulo.jnkml at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 04:13:06 GMT 2009

Hi again,

since a few months ago, I was having some problems with amarok, mplayer
and firefox working together, playing sound on flash videos etc.

today I uninstalled pulseaudio, selected alsa as the default device
output in the system settings, and recompiled kmix and mplayer to work
without pulse audio (nothing needs to be done to amarok).

Now everything works perfectly!

cheers
paulo