Do you watch TV with Kaffeine?

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 7 19:43:53 GMT 2009

On Saturday 07 November 2009 18:08:27 Bogus Zaba wrote:
> Anne Wilson wrote:
> >>
> >> Do you want just KDE4 stuff ? I am a long-term user of Kaffeine 0.8.x on
> >> KDE 3.5.y and use if for digital television, but have not yet moved to
> >> KDE 4. Partly because I was not sure what the Kaffeine situation was for
> >> KDE 4. Understand there is now a KDE 4 version of Kaffeine at least in
> >>  beta.
> >
> > If you write about a feature that is in KDE3 but not yet in KDE4, please
> > add {{KDE3}}, which will place an icon denoting that in your text.  For
> > some applications it is sensible to include such things at this stage.
> > They can always be removed at some later date when the new application is
> > more mature. Thanks for the offer.
> >
> I have provided a short piece on Kaffeine as a TV player and tagged it
> as you suggested. I have created this under User:bogzab as suggested in
> the wiki guidelines. I gather it can then be moved to the relevant place
> but thought you might want to have a look before I do so to see if this
> is roughly what you are after.

It looks pretty good to me, thanks.  You can always re-edit if you feel you
want to change something later.

I've created a link on http://userbase.kde.org/Kaffeine, just below the image
of watching TV, which takes you to http://userbase.kde.org/Kaffeine-TV.  That
opens up an empty edit page, where you paste in the content - I've done it for
you.  You still have a copy on your user page, though, so you might want to
delete that.

> Does not seem to me to warrant a lot of
> screen shots etc - instructions are pretty simple, but if you think it
> would benefit from shots, I can provide some easily enough.

Screenshots make a page more inviting, but I'll leave it to you to decide what
and how many.  If you want help with uploading or inserting them, just shout.

I do appreciate this.  Thanks.

Anne
--
KDE Community Working Group