Howto put a "submenu" on the Panel in KDE4

Dan Johansson kde at dmj.nu
Mon Nov 2 20:39:14 GMT 2009

On Sunday 01 November 2009 19.26:31 Dan Johansson wrote:
> On Sunday 01 November 2009 17.24:21 Anne Wilson wrote:
> > On Sunday 01 November 2009 14:58:54 Dan Johansson wrote:
> > > In KDE3 I was having some of the sub-menus from the "Application Menu"
> > >  direct accessible from the Panel. I can not figure out how to do this
> > > in KDE4. I can only add the complete Application Menu" to the Panel but
> > > not a sub-menu. Any tips on how to solve this?
> >
> > Try using the Lancelot launcher menu in place of kickoff (there's nothing
> >  to stop you having both until you see what works best for you).  Then
> > read http://userbase.kde.org/Plasma/FAQ#Add_a_launch_menu_to_the_panel
> >
> > That should do what you want.
>
> Great, that works.
>
> Thanks for the tip!
Follow up to my own post. It is working but it does not look good.
The two added "sub-menus" only show up in the panel as an unknown document
type  (see picture, the two in the middle with the ?) but in the menu editor
they have an icon assigned to them.

--
Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!