Ripping CDs

Anne Wilson cannewilson at googlemail.com
Sun Nov 1 10:01:05 GMT 2009

On Saturday 31 October 2009 22:55:23 James Tyrer wrote:
> You just don't get it!  But, yet you continue to offer advice from the
> PC (Politically Correct) La La Land.
>
> When you need more documentation is when something doesn't work!
>
> Unfortunately, KDE is becoming like MS-Windows.  It is supposed to just
> work, but when it doesn't even their product support staff can't seem to
> figure out why.  Perhaps this isn't that bad yet, but as Duncan pointed
> out, this is probably dependent on HAL configuration and that that is
> very difficult although there is some documentation.
>
> In KDE-3 the KIOslave for Audio CDs didn't require anything, you just
> opened it and it worked.  Now we have something that is supposedly
> simpler since you don't have to enter a URL or open "System" you just
> click on the icon that has appeared in the Places list.  But what do you
> do when it doesn't appear.  Certainly your condescending diatribe isn't
> going to fix the problem.

No, I just don't get it.  I don't get why most of the world can do things that
you say 'doesn't work'.  I don't see anything in what I wrote that could be
considered 'condescending diatribe', so I'll ignore the rest of what you
wrote.

When I write without saying where the information came from it's because it is
my experience.  In other words, 'it works for me'.  If I reply from hearsay, I
say so.

Anne