No "single instance" mode for Kate in KDE 4?

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Wed May 20 23:35:42 BST 2009

Lydia Pintscher wrote:
> On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 22:17, James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj at acm.org>
> wrote:
>>> KDE devs consider deviation from KDE 3 to _not_ be a bug. Same
>>> for missing features. It is as if KDE 4 is a separate project
>>> entirely, which in essence it is. Requests for "KDE3-like" are
>>> feature requests, not bugs.
>>>
>> I don't know what is wrong with the developers.  Apparently any
>> excuse not to fix a bug is acceptable.
>>
>> Does this mean that anything that doesn't work correctly is a
>> wish-list item?  I think not.  This is not a reason not to file a
>> bug, and it is not a valid excuse to close a bug.  It is only a
>> valid reason to close a bug if the change in behavior was intended.
>>

> James,
>
> it was correctly filed as wishlist. Wishlist does not equal not
> fixing/changing/implementing it!

Was I not clear?  The Bug 191846, is a wish list item and correctly
entered as such.  However, there are bugs in KATE which need to be
reported as bugs, not wish list items.

Specifically, when files are opened in KATE from the file manager
(Dolphin part in Konqueror) they are not opened in the default session.

> Please stop making generalizations about all KDE developers while not
>  even one of them has answered in this thread previously afaict.

Comments were about the statement:

> KDE devs consider deviation from KDE 3 to _not_ be a bug. Same for
> missing features. It is as if KDE 4 is a separate project entirely,
> which in essence it is. Requests for "KDE3-like" are feature requests,
> not bugs.

and whom ever was the source of it and not a generalization about KDE
developers.

--
JRT

Linux (mostly) From Scratch