Moving printer configuration from KDE 3 to KDE 4.

Dotan Cohen dotancohen at gmail.com
Fri May 8 09:38:05 BST 2009

> Not knowing anything about this .... :
>
> I don't think that KDE-4 needs to find your network printer.  My best
> guess is that CUPS needs to find your network printer.

‏Yes, that is the conclusion that I have come to. I did not realize
this at the beginning of the thread.

> Are you using DHCP?

Yes, as assigned by the router.

> Does it find your network printer?

How would I know that? How can I search for it?

> Does the CUPS web page setup find your network printer?

The CUPS web page setup does not have a search function. I enter
configuration for what I _think_ it should be, but I cannot seem to
get it right.

> It would appear then that the popup was correct -- CUPS can't connect to
> the printer

Yes.

> Are you using the wireless connection to go from the computer to the
> router?

No.

--
Dotan Cohen