Moving printer configuration from KDE 3 to KDE 4.

James Richard Tyrer tyrerj at acm.org
Thu May 7 18:44:52 BST 2009

Dotan Cohen wrote:
> It appears that KDE 4 cannot scan the network for print servers, which
> is a function that I need. In my last KDE 3 setup, I had a working
> network printer, but in KDE 4 I cannot get the printer to work.
>
> Which files do I need to copy from my KDE3 system (Kubuntu 8.04) to my
> KDE 4 system (Kubuntu 9.04) to have a working printer?

Not knowing anything about this .... :

I don't think that KDE-4 needs to find your network printer.  My best
guess is that CUPS needs to find your network printer.

Are you using DHCP?  Does it find your network printer?

Does the CUPS web page setup find your network printer?

--
JRT

Linux (mostly) From Scratch